Here’s another SPCA offering a low-cost spay and neuter program. The Valley Oak SPCA of Visalia, California will spay and neuter your cats (and dogs) for just $25, beginning December 6th. And feral cats that are part of a TNR program can be fixed for just $15.
As the Visalia Times-Delta reports:
If you could do just one thing to help save the lives of thousands of animals, would you do it? That one thing is spaying or neutering your pet.
I think this would apply especially to a feral cat, as they can quickly reproduce hundreds more kittens (their kittens x their “grand” kittens, etc)
The Times-Delta also reports on many of the health benefits of having your pet spayed or neutered:
This simple surgical procedure prevents your pet from reproducing puppies or kittens and has other lifesaving benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduces the number of unwanted pets
- Helps dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives
- Reduces or eliminates spraying or marking
- Less desire to roam, therefore less likely to be injured in fights or auto accidents
- Risk of testicular cancer is eliminated and decreases incident of prostate disease (in males)
- Risk of mammary gland tumors, ovarian and/or uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated, especially if done before first heat cycle (in females)
So, if you live in the Visalia area, or know someone who does, be sure to take advantage of this great program, and get those fur babies spayed or neutered!
You can contact the Valley Oak SPCA here:
Valley Oak SPCA
29016 Highway 99
Visalia, CA 93277
For more info on their program, including the days and hours is it available, check here: https://vospca.org/events/grand-opening-of-low-cost-spay-neuter-clinic/ Oh, and the cutie in the picture at the top is “Annie”. As of this writing, she is available for adoption from the North Valley SPCA.
Never heard of such a cheep deal. WOW!