What do you suppose this kitty is staring at so intently? Are his humans coming home? Is it a mouse he wants to pounce on? A dog he wants to run away from? Maybe some birds are perched in the tree outside his window?
Here are some interesting facts about how cats see:
- A cat’s visual field is about 200 degrees, while human’s are 180 degrees.
- Things get blurry for cats after about 20 feet, vs 100-200 for humans.
- Cats see far better night vision than humans do.
- A cat’s eyes can pick up rapid movements better than a human eye can.
- Cats have a degree of red-green color-blindness and don’t see colors as vibrantly as humans do.